Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who do you think you are Live at London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 5 Feb 2009 21:18

Ok, i've just bought my tickets for the Friday, me and my sister are going and then are off to Kent to do some grave hunting.

anyone else going or been in the past, what do you think of it, i paid £20 for 2 tickets, special offer with ancestry

stephanie

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 8 Feb 2009 00:14

Looks like i'm the only one going then

Diane

Diane Report 8 Feb 2009 11:15

Hi Stormchaser,
I'm going on the Friday too.
Went last year as well.
Diane

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 8 Feb 2009 17:09

Hi

I am going on the Sunday with my sister and cousin. I went last year, was great, take loads of cash and drinks... There was loads of stalls, some selling fiche others discs, maps, books you name it, it was there.

Have fun.......
Tracie.

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 8 Feb 2009 18:33

I thought it was an "on location" type of program didn´t know there was a studio audience. Or is this something else?

RobG

RobG Report 8 Feb 2009 22:23

Make sure you have cash - many stalls don't take card and those that do often say you don't get "show discount". Also, food is a bit pricy, so consider a packed lunch.

Tina

Tina Report 8 Feb 2009 23:11

Hi
I went last year and it was brilliant but BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
As stated above a lot of stalls do not accept cards......................................................................... There is a cash point machine just outside the venue and last year my cousin used it to get cash out, a few days later he found his card had been cloned from that machine and he was about £400 out of pocket. Luckily for him his bank was sympathetic and he was re-imbersed but not before a lot of worry and hassle changing to a new card etc etc etc Please take care.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 10 Feb 2009 23:30

Thanks guy's

Chica - its a kind of history fair thingy in london

check out who do you think you are website or ancestry for details

stephanie