Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeeberella

Jeeberella Report 6 Feb 2009 15:17

Hi Everyone

Two questions re: Gedcom

1. How do I import a GEDCOM file to here

2. How do I create a Gedcom file from my GR tree to import into another programme

Not sure how to do it, but I've got 2 sets of trees with different info in it!

Just to make you aware I'm only around for the next 45 minutes

Thanks

Thelma

Thelma Report 6 Feb 2009 15:32

Right at the bottom of this page.
About importing/exporting a Gedcom

If you already have a family tree as a gedcom file on your computer, you can upload it into Genes Reunited. This means you don't need to re-enter individuals into your Genes Reunited tree so it saves you time.
Help on ImportingUploading a gedcom family tree file is easy.

To upload your gedcom, just click the button below to select the file you wish to upload. But remember, uploading a Gedcom file will overwrite your existing Genes Reunited tree

Please note: uploading a gedcom when you have amended or added to your tree may result in the loss of your existing Hot Matches. However new Hot Matches, if found, will be added within 14 days of uploading a new gedcom file

Import Gedcom Help on ExportingExport your family tree to a Gedcom file

To export your family tree as a Gedcom file, click the button below. Your Gedcom file will be emailed to *************************once it has been prepared. Click here to change your sign-in email address.

Eileen

Eileen Report 6 Feb 2009 15:32

Hi, scroll down to the bottom of the home page.Bar at the bottom has export/import. Select and follow the instructions. Eileen

Jeeberella

Jeeberella Report 6 Feb 2009 15:35

cheers peeps

just didn't know where to look, would appear not very far!