Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Inserting divorced couples and their children.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 7 Feb 2009 21:58

Hello, I'm new to this.

I'm having a bit of trouble putting in an aunt who has been married twice. She has two children from her first marriahe and a third child from her second marriage.

At the minute all children are showing up as a result of a relationship between her two husbands!

How do I do this properly?

Ryan

Ryan Report 7 Feb 2009 22:12

Personally, I think this would be the best way to do it. First delete the children of your auntie, then want you have done this. Click on "Add Partner" on the toolbar, "Add Partner" is next to "Add child" button. Then add the first spouse, then once this has been done, the add the child or how ever many you want to add, to this first spouse. This once this is done click on the auntie again and click "Add partner" again, then fill in the details and then click "Add Child" the add the children you want to. And then if you want to you can when they divorced and where, under the marriage section. It shoudl say divorced then just click No on the drop down menu, if they are divorced. I don't knwo what else to suggest if this doesn't work. Hope this helps though.

Ryan

Ryan Report 7 Feb 2009 22:15

Before you do any of that, delete both spouses then so the process that I listed earlier.

Kate

Kate Report 7 Feb 2009 22:38

I think it's just the way the tree is laid out on here - it looks really confusing when you have a second or third partner because the tree puts wife and husband 1 together then when you add husband 2 it shows him next to husband 1.

Have you tried clicking on the husbands in turn? That should show the family group with the wife, one of her husbands and any children they had. Then to see the other husband, click on the wife again and he should show up.

Sara

Sara Report 9 Feb 2009 21:27

Thankl you guys, I've sorted it out now!