Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Death Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 9 Feb 2009 13:32

I 'm a newbie so apologies in advance if I m asking something really basic : )

A great great grandfather of mine appears on the 1891 census but by the time his 6 month son died in mid 1896 he is listed on the childs death certficate himself as "deceased". This obviously puts his death at sometime during 1895 or the first half of 1896 but I cannot find a death certicate anywhere.

Where am I going wrong ? Thanks in advance.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 9 Feb 2009 13:36

If you give us his name and location I'm sure someone will have a look and see if they can see him.

Chris

Chris Report 9 Feb 2009 14:06

Many thanks !

His name was John Albert Stembrige (born 1861). He lived in St Saviours Parish Southwark. As I explained he appears to have died sometime around 1895-96.

Appreciate everyones help.

Chris

Diane

Diane Report 9 Feb 2009 14:11

Deaths Sep 1895 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanbridge John Albert 35 St. Olave 1d 114

Chris

Chris Report 9 Feb 2009 14:27

Thats him !

Thanks so much to both of you ! Really appreciated.

How did you do this so quickly....?

Chris

Diane

Diane Report 9 Feb 2009 14:28

Fron freebmd, using Phonetic search surnames