Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trouble ordering cert online - GRO

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 10 Feb 2009 13:27

Has anyone else had problems? I have ordered a couple before, with no problems, last night I tried to order another but was told my email/password was incorrect... puzzled I asked for email reminder. I have heard nothing, and can't re-register, my email address has been used! anyway, I have emailed them, but they say they can't reply for up to 5 days!!! Is it me???

Joan

Joan Report 10 Feb 2009 15:58

Well I have managed to get round it by going to the Shropshire Council webpage and used their ordering service, a bit long-winded though!!!

I am a bit concerned that I can no longer use the GRO, unless I get a new email address every time!!????

I feel a stiff letter coming on!!!

Heather

Heather Report 10 Feb 2009 16:23

When I had that faffing I re registered with a different email addy.

Have another go first, sometimes its a blip.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Feb 2009 16:58

Your Visa Security Password is nothing to do with the GRO. It is a separate security password you have with VIsa.

Not saying it is the case here but in my personal experience it is me using the wrong password which is the problem. You usually get three tries then you are barred out and have to get a new one issued, which usually requires it you to change it to one you haven't used before.

It is also possible that someone else has tried to use your card, hence the Visa password being barred.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Feb 2009 09:25

I Ordered from the GRO a few weeks agao and my Visa card doesn't have a password - if my tired ol brain is working properly this morning I think when I got to this page I panicked, arrowd back to the prev page and it automatically skipped this page and I was able to purchase.

Not looking forward now to trying again!

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 11 Feb 2009 10:02

I have just logged in to the GRO site without any problem - same password as I have always used. Took me straight to the page were you start to enter the details.

Joan - just out of interest, is it your VISA password or the GRO one which is causing problems?

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 11 Feb 2009 15:21

This morning on one of the threads (cannot remember which one !) someone said they had problems and had rung up the GRO and ordered by phone-the(GRO) apparently said they are having problems with WorldPay?

Does that sound right ?