Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

useing credits for 1911

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 11 Feb 2009 15:12

I have got some credits for the 1911 census but before I use them can some one tell me please what I will see if I only open the Transcript page and not the original page.
I dont wont to wast them.
regards
Diane

Dugless

Dugless Report 11 Feb 2009 15:51

Usually you will see everything you need to know, ie the address, who was there, their ages, birthplaces, relationships and occupations. If they are married then you'll also see for how many years. There may be more info on the image, and not transcribed, but, like me, you will probably decide to wait until viewing images costs less than it does now.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 11 Feb 2009 16:07

I think you will find you dont get how long they have been married, you also dont get how many children born to the marriage and how many still living.

Diane

Diane Report 11 Feb 2009 16:13

Thanks Dugless,

Yes thats right I am waiting for the viewing costs to go down, I have only got 60 credits and at 10 credits a go I can't aford to wast them.

I have found My Dennis Elliget aged 40 with Florence Elligett aged 30
but they must have been living in sin as the only marrage I have found for them was in 1927.

On the Transcript it say's married for 2 years.
If they had a child would that child have been on the Transcript along side them ?

Regards
Diane

Dugless

Dugless Report 11 Feb 2009 17:02

Yes, but only if the child was there on census night. Of course whoever filled in the form could have forgotten the infant, possibly conveniently, or it could simply be that it has been omitted from the transcript. As you'll see from another thread, the transcripts are not perfect.
...Dugless