Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth certificate query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 12 Feb 2009 14:00

Under the section signature,description and residence information I have the fathers name address and the following words "As per declaration dated 8 July 1941". The actual certificate was dated two days later 10 July. Why the words as per declaration? Many thanks

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 12 Feb 2009 14:08

I have one as well, I happen to know the parents were unmarried when the child was born and she was registered under mothers name, a statutory declaration was made by the father as to paternity after marriage so she was re-registered under fathers name and the statement "After declaration dated ........ etc" included

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 12 Feb 2009 14:25

Thanks for that Keith I know the parents were unmarried as well at time of birth so that explains everything.! Elizabeth

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 12 Feb 2009 15:56

I had this on my mother's birth cert. My grandparents were married in December 1930 and my mother wasn't born until March 1932, so I know this wasn't the case here. Her birth was on 8th March 1932 and the birth was registered on 6th April. In the signature column is my nan's name and address and 'as per declaration dated 5th April 1932' so I don't really know what the reason was.

The birth wasn't in their normal registration area, so perhaps that was the reason why.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 12 Feb 2009 16:21

Blossom

Births should be registered in the district in which they take place. If your Nan didn't register the birth until she went 'home' then she would be required to make a declaration as it was out of the birth district.

Chris