Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP NEEDED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 15 Feb 2009 14:18

Hi All,
I need help please.

I have been looking for some time now for my Great Aunt Emma Elligett she was born 1868 Guildford surrey,

she married Edwin Thomas Willoughby in St Olave in 1892
She is listed as Emma Frances Elligett. I do have both Her birth and Marrage Cirt.

What I am having trouble with is finding her and Edwin in any census, I have tried all spelling for there names but no luck.
I have also now looked on 1911 and still I can't find them.

I have found a Death in 1911 Sept Qt for a Emma F Willoughby in Barnet she is aged 41 so this could well be her.
I have sent off for the death cirt.

Why is I can't find them between 1891 and 1911 do you think?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Kind regards
Diane

Diane

Diane Report 15 Feb 2009 14:35

Thanks for the tip but I have trIed that in all ways, first name only last name only middle name only year of birth only, from her to him and back again but still no luck.

With out finding them I have no way of knowing if there was any children.

Diane

Diane

Diane Report 15 Feb 2009 14:39

Yes Jonesey
That is her, she married Edwin Thomas Willoughby in 1892 and I have not found her since.

Diane

Julie

Julie Report 15 Feb 2009 15:01

This might be Edwin's death as the age tallies with the 1891 census

Deaths Jun 1920 (>99%)
WILLOUGHBY Edwin 82 Poplar 1c 453

Have just looked at the other census & this it seems is Edwin's Dad Edwin

Diane

Diane Report 15 Feb 2009 15:04

He was a Painter,

I did wonder if they had gone off somewhere, but I am sure her death is the one I found in 1911.

so I was hoping to find her in the 1911 census as she never died untill the 3qt but no, not there.

Diane