Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

australia?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TAL

TAL Report 15 Feb 2009 18:04

can I trace australian ancestors from genes site?
How got george Laming b.1884 married in 1909 doncaster and emigrated to australia after marriage. He had 2 daughters who came back for a visit in 1930's. wondered if I could trace them through genes?
regards tracy

Joy

Joy Report 15 Feb 2009 18:22

As far as I am aware, there is nothing in this site that could be useful, other than a thread that I shall try to find for you.

TAL

TAL Report 15 Feb 2009 18:23

thanks that would be great
tracy

TAL

TAL Report 15 Feb 2009 18:42

Thanks Joy i think ive found it! used a bit of common sense and typed in australia in tips board!
thanks again Tracy

Joy

Joy Report 15 Feb 2009 18:45

Sorry, I was distracted by something. Glad you found it. Happy hunting.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Feb 2009 19:13

this is a useful URL, for australia assisted passages.....

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx

you can search FREE, AND get results...(or you can register,)...I have been browsing and found naturalisation records.
Bob