Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2009 22:46

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to search the census by address rather than name please.
Linda

Janice

Janice Report 15 Feb 2009 23:00

Not on Ancestry, I don't think ,but you can here:

http://www.1901censusonline.com/search.asp?wci=ad_search

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2009 23:03

Thank you Janice

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2009 23:09

Does anyone know any free site which I can search by address please

Hoobity

Hoobity Report 15 Feb 2009 23:13

Hi Linda, the house I live in is well over a hundred years old and I did look on anestry to see who was living in my house in 1901. I did an address search and found what I was looking for but I just can't remember how I went about it, sorry but someone on here will help I'm sure.

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 15 Feb 2009 23:30

Hi Linda...

On Ancestry home page If you click on to the 1901 census...on this page if you scroll down you find a list of Counties...

Click on the County you are looking for this will bring up a list of civil parishes...click on the parish you want...this will bring up a list of districts depending on the size of town or village there may be many!

On the right of the page you will find "view discription of enumerator district"...it means that you will have to go through each one till you find the district which holds the pages for the road you are looking. Then when you have found the enumeration district click on the corresponding district on the left of the page.

I hope this makes sense if not pm me...I am hopeless at explaining things....lol !!

Linda

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2009 23:54

Thanks Linda, I'll give it a go if I do don't get there I'll contact you if that's okay.
Linda