Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leeann

Leeann Report 18 Feb 2009 15:59

Hi, can anyboby advise me on how to get access to the 1911 census, I have seen it has been metioned on the sucess board.
Leeann

Joan

Joan Report 18 Feb 2009 16:01

I go on findmypast...easy to buy gredits and use....good hunting!
Joan

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 18 Feb 2009 16:04

Here is the link

http://www.1911census.co.uk/

You have to register, you can do a free search but to view the transcription or originals yo have to buy credits.

60 credits will cost you £6-95 10 credits to view transcripts 30 credits to view originals

George

Leeann

Leeann Report 18 Feb 2009 16:10

Many thanks to both of you, I was always under the impression that we had to wait 100 yrs until this was accessable. So this is great. Leeann.

Potty

Potty Report 18 Feb 2009 16:38

The one available is only for England and Wales (Scotland will not be available until 2012)

Not all areas are covered - check on the site that the area you want is on before buying credits!

Dugless

Dugless Report 18 Feb 2009 19:30

And some sensitive info is obscured until 2012! That said it is a very useful site, even if it a bit pricey.

Leeann

Leeann Report 19 Feb 2009 09:28

Many,many thanks