Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

German Mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 20 Feb 2009 23:35

My mother was born in what was once East Germany, in 1926 towards the end of the war my mother and her 3 sisters ended up in the new West Germany. I may have family relatives in and around Leignitz and Leipzig. But because of the war many records were destroyed. Can anyone out there give me any info of where to look. My Grandfather was in the German Army and was killed in action. My mother and her sisters are deceased. My cousins in Germany who I am in contact with are happy to let things lie. .

Peter

Peter Report 21 Feb 2009 00:40

Peter,

If you do the advanced search (on the left of this page) you can find several threads about German genealogy. There is also an Anglo-German family history society that is probably mentioned on one of the threads but you can always google it.

Peter

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 21 Feb 2009 01:13

Hi Peter
I did reply on your thread on the general board, Thought I'd post here too

Anglo german web address is::
http://www.agfhs.org.uk/

Liz

Peter

Peter Report 21 Feb 2009 22:04

Thanks to all of you for your help in this matter. I am trying the sites you sent
Once again a big thanks

cheers Peter