Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

jane elizabeth bristow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 22 Feb 2009 14:19

my great grandma she gave birth to my gran daisy clara 18th nov 1893 in st mary magdalens home for children east cliff folkestone i do not have janes d.o.b. daisy is on the 1901 census 12 miles away in smeeth listed as a boarder has anyone got an idea how i cuold trace jane regards to all nick coombes

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 22 Feb 2009 14:32

FreeBMD:

Births Dec 1893 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bristow Daisy Clara Elham 2a 958

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Feb 2009 15:22

Maybe there are records for the home in the archives at Whitfield near Dover....or possibly at Folkestone library.
They might have some notes about the mothers.

Smeeth school admissions log book is probably at Whitfield too,.if it's been handed in.
Any subsequent marriage of Jane might be recorded there under parents names.
A marriage could lead to a record showing Jane's age, and hopefully her father's name.
Witness names might help identify the family too.

When Daisy Clara married, was there a Jane as a witness?

Gwyn