Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

born in spain british subject

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 24 Feb 2009 09:02

hi i just wondered if anyone could tell me if there is any way i could find out about someone born in spain but a british subject. i have lucy potter c1848 born spain (bs) i have her on the 1871/81/91/01 all with her husband william holmes c1842 liverpool. she maried 1868 in liverpool but i would like to find out more about her with her parents i dont have any names for her parents all i know is that her father was a potter by name and trade and was sent to spain(Bilbao) to work on egg shell china. and lucy was born over there i dont know if she has any siblings or not. anyone got any ideas
thanks linda

Pete

Pete Report 24 Feb 2009 09:25

If you buy Lucy's marriage certificate you will learn her father's name.

Pete

Carter

Carter Report 24 Feb 2009 09:28

thanks pete i have ordered it just wondered if there was any other way i could find out any further info
thanks linda

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Mar 2009 14:40

n

GaryOnTheAlgarve

GaryOnTheAlgarve Report 5 Mar 2009 15:57

Findmypast.com have british overseas bmd index, Free search pay to view.

Gary

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 5 Mar 2009 17:41

Family Relatives has the overseas available to browse and view page images for free however you will probably have to register first.

www.familyrelatives.com

There is a Louisa Potter registered between 1849 and 1854 but in Cologne.

Louisa Potter Cologne Vol 1 Page 409

The date range is no more precise than that and the actual page image does not give any indication to the year.

Chris

Carter

Carter Report 6 Mar 2009 22:40

thanks chris i have taken a look and i dont think it is them. cologne is in germany and lucy was born in spain and taken over the border into france to be baptised protestant but not germany. i will take a closer .
thanks for looking and this is a site i hadnt seen before and well worth a look
linda