Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 24 Feb 2009 20:25

i want to order a birth cert from the GRO
i put in my details Card No , issue no .
and valid from dates and expiry date ...
but i see that it has a security code no now,.
can anyone tell me where this security code is on my card please
is this the number next to the issue no ....
i havent ordered anything for a while now and im sure last time i ordered a birth cert i didnt have to put in a security code
Thanks
Hazel

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 24 Feb 2009 20:29

Hi Angie ,
the only thing that ive got on the back of my card is ....
4 numbers ... then comes the issue no which is 3 nos angie

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 24 Feb 2009 20:32

debit card angie

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 24 Feb 2009 20:38

O.K. Angie thanks for your help .
all ive got is 4 numbers then comes the issue number which is 3 numbers ....will pop into the bank tomorrow and find out
thanks
Hazelx

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 24 Feb 2009 20:39

yes Angie it is but it says it takes maestro

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 24 Feb 2009 20:48

thanks Angie
Hazelx

Christine

Christine Report 25 Feb 2009 16:50

Maestro shouldn't be a problem - I use it all the time - inclduing payments to GRO. The security code isn't on the same side of the card as the issue number - its on the other side where the brown magnetic strip is.

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 25 Feb 2009 17:03

Hi A ngie and Christine ,
I went into the bank today and asked them and they said that
Maestro does'nt have a issue number. the security code number
is on the back of the card on the brown strip as you have just said Christine . so i will try again on the GRO .and just put in the security code number and see if that will take it through without a issue number .
thank you both for your help it's much appreciated.
Hazelx

Claire

Claire Report 26 Feb 2009 16:17

Maestro cards from HSBC do have an issue number at the bottom of the front of the card:

Along the middle is your long card number (which with Maestro cards includes your sort code and account number) then at the bottom you have your sort code (it's called a code number on most cards) your card number, issue number and then expiry date.

On the back you have your signature strip with several numbers; the last three are you security number also called a customer verification number (CVC)

Hope this helps

Claire
Ex HSBC employee, lol