Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Possible illegitimate children

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 28 Feb 2009 20:13

I have just discovered that an Aunt from the North of Scotland had an illegitimate son. She never married and I do not know of anyone who would fit as her son in the family circle. She was born 1910 so I suppose he would be quite old now if he is still alive. Is there any way that I could find out more about this birth. I don't have his birthdate.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 28 Feb 2009 20:57

He would probably have been registered under his mother's name

If you put the name on here I am sure someone will be able to help you

Christine

Christine Report 28 Feb 2009 21:04

Mothers name was Christina Macleod she was born 1910 in North west Scotland Coigach area possibly Linnierannoch. Her son may have been called Murdoch as family tradition but they may have bypassed that one because of his status. would have been born 1926-1936

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 28 Feb 2009 21:53

Duplicated on TTF

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Mar 2009 00:35

Try searching trees for Christina McLeod. I have a friend with a tree full of McLeods, you will find her on here. The name rings a faint bell.

Margaret