Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

From tree back to home page?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy

Joy Report 4 Mar 2009 22:58

I know this will sound dumb but as a realtively new user, how do you get back to the home page from your family tree site???? There is no "back to".....or "return to"... I know the answer will be simple but cannot see it at the moment.........Thanks Joy

***Michelle***

***Michelle*** Report 4 Mar 2009 23:02

Hi Joy

The tree opens on a seperate page.So all you need to do it click on the cross on the top right hand corner and that will close the page and return you to genes home.

Hope that helps.

Michelle

Joy

Joy Report 4 Mar 2009 23:05

Hi Michelle,
Thank you, I knew it was staring me in the face but couldn't see it.
Many thanks,

best wishes,
Joy

J* Near M3.Jct4

J* Near M3.Jct4 Report 4 Mar 2009 23:13

I'm not an 'expert' on puters but when I look at home page and then decide to look at 'tree' I mininise and then it leaves heading on botton of my screen and I can shuttle backwards and forwards from tree to text threads etc.
Maybe someone else can explain it more technically than I can!
Good luck.

***Michelle***

***Michelle*** Report 4 Mar 2009 23:26

J* Near M3.Jct4

Hi yes you can do this and is great thing to do when you want to check back on your tree.So then rather than cross tree off use the - sign just near it-this is the minimize button and it will make your tree go off the screen and onto the bottom of the page.When you want to refer back to your tree click on the bottom of the task bar where you will see your tree-it says Family Tree window.Click on it and the tree page appears-small.If you click on the square next to the minimize button you can maximize your tree page up to full size.

Michelle