Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian birth records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 14 Mar 2009 15:38

Has anyone got an idea on how i can get direct access to a Canadian ancestry site or to Quebec BMD records.
Thanks

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 14 Mar 2009 15:45

What years are you looking for? You can subscribe to Ancestry worldwide and get some records for Canada.

Suzanne

Colin

Colin Report 14 Mar 2009 17:16

Hi Suzanne
Between 1850 and 1860. I know i could go to Ancestry worldwide but its a bit expensive.
Colin.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Mar 2009 18:07

Canada doesn't have a site like FreeBMD. Each province has their own records. Some province records do not start until after 1860. Are you looking mainly in Quebec? If so, I believe a lot of the records can be found at the churches.

I will have a look around to see if I can find anything about Quebec's record keeping. If you would like to post your details, there are a few people who might be able to help.

This site refers you to just about any site there is, for Quebec.
http://www.cyndislist.com/quebec.htm

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 14 Mar 2009 18:43

familysearch.org
have recently added a lot of canadian and american information I have been indexing for them, its free to search so worth a try so might be lucky

If not i have access to ancestry worldwide if you want me take a look it does depend on the area some are better indexed than others

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Mar 2009 18:57

Hi Lorraine: Would you know please, when they started adding information? Was it within the past few months, or more recently, please? All of my "recent" ancestors were Canadian...it might be worth my time looking as well. (Leaving now, as hubby has been waiting for me.)

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 14 Mar 2009 19:12

lisa

its been a few months that i have been indexing and as each batch is completeed its being added so new stuff all the time

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Mar 2009 21:03

Thank you very much, Lorraine (and for indexing as well!).

mgnv

mgnv Report 15 Mar 2009 11:50

Hi Lisa - it's the Drouin collection for QC thru 1900, under "search records - record search pilot"