Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Singapore Birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sophfox

Sophfox Report 16 Mar 2009 17:32

A friend has just discovered that she has a half sister called Betty that was born in Singapore between 1947 - 51. Her father Albert Alexander did not marry the local girl. Unfortunately my friend has no living relatives that might be able to give more information. Does any-one know that best way for her to try and find out about her half sister?
Thanking you in advance

Jill

Anna

Anna Report 6 May 2009 04:55

Hi Sophfox

I am also looking for an Albert Alexander who was in Singapore around the same time, he may have had children with a Mildred/Rita Oliveiro who is my fathers mother, Mildreds childrens names that she gave us before she died were Rosaline, Queenie, Daniel and Emanuel.

Please let me know if this fits in with your freinds family.

Thanks

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 May 2009 06:26

Anna
This might be a promising lead for both of you..

It would be a good idea to click on Sophfox's name and send a message directly to her, incase she misses your new message if she doesn't always check replies over the last months.
Good luck.

Gwyn