Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice please sorted thank you all

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael2

michael2 Report 18 Mar 2009 22:14

i am looking to tranfer my tree on to a family tree maker can any one recommend one please

Sam

Sam Report 18 Mar 2009 22:27

Errrr... well you said it yourself, Family Tree Maker is probably the best! I am still using 2006 and am very happy with it, not sure about the newer versions.

There are free family tree programs that you can download, Legacy is one (I've used it and it was fine) and also PAF (not tried this one). Use Google to find the download links.

Sam x

SimonSez

SimonSez Report 18 Mar 2009 22:29

Hi Somerset man

I think most agree that the best and most bug free tree making software is Ancestrys FTM (Family Tree Maker) 2006 version. There are later versions , but i have not heard any thing good of them yet !, unless any one has any other suggestions.

Simon

michael2

michael2 Report 18 Mar 2009 22:31

hi sam thank you for your reply will goggle , want to get one so i can transfer my tree from this site as i send a stiff emailk to the surrpot team re the new tree. may get slung off never mined somerset man

michael2

michael2 Report 18 Mar 2009 22:33

hi thanks simon i will have a look at that one

Sam

Sam Report 18 Mar 2009 23:05

You could also try Tribal Pages, that one is online rather than a download but is still a better tree program than the one on this site and loads of people use it!

Sam x