Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

past messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 21 Mar 2009 09:47

how do you find out if any one has replied to my threads in the past dont always have time to look!! thank you

Christine

Christine Report 23 Mar 2009 15:53

Look at the Tools box to the left of this screen, and click on My Threads.

RobG

RobG Report 23 Mar 2009 17:50

Margaret, you may be jumping the gun there - Carole doesn't mention look-ups in her post. I have asked many questions on these boards, but have never asked for look-ups.
Also, whilst I keep a eye on my threads for the first week or two, I have had people reply many weeks or even months later.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 Mar 2009 19:58

It's quite possible that Carole has not used the boards before and so doesn't understand that replies can come back very quickly.

Even though I have been a member for quite a few years, it was only last year that I remembered and used the boards - I would post a message and go away thinking that I would get an email when someone replied. When no emails arrived, I assumed that no one could help me. I remember asking the same question twice by mistake and was soon 'put in my place' which I found rather an unpleasant experience.

I am grateful for what I have learnt over the last year so now try and help others who may be struggling to learn the ropes.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Mar 2009 22:16

I have deleted my comments with apologies to anyone I might have offended.