Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Waddup William born 1783 1869

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 24 Mar 2009 15:27

Help!!

I have been searching for the surname of the above's wife Elizabeth. If anyone has any info on where she was born, parents etc could ou please reply. I also want to know if they had an chilsdren, they had a Thomas but can find nothing else.

I believe he was born in Lower Heyford, Oxofordshire.

Thank you

Heather

Heather Report 24 Mar 2009 15:49

Have a look on familysearch.org - lots of Waddups, Woddops on there from that area.

When were their children born?

Lovely unusual name, have you checked trees on here using search trees tab at top of page? Have you done a google search using the surname and area - someone may have done a one name study.

William Waddup Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
13 JUL 1783 Lower Heyford, Oxford, England
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Thomas Waddup Family
Mother: Elizabeth Waddup

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 24 Mar 2009 16:08

Also in 1861, Elizabeth 50, schoolmistress (but says she is a widow), Rebecca 24, John 21, Ann 17, William 12, and Emmanuel 25, son in law.

Seems too young.

Death in Dec 1868, age 79, Bicester 3a/390.

Marriage of William Waddup to Elizabeth Lukyn, 16/5/1803 Rochester, Kent, England and Wales Marriages 1538-1789.

Margaret

Carole

Carole Report 26 Mar 2009 17:00

Many thanks to you both for info, both had info that I did not have, I can now search further. How wonderful you all are to help us in this way!!!!

Carole