Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Genealogy websites for Donegal Please Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sonya

Sonya Report 24 Mar 2009 20:48

Hi. Im looking to find info for my Irish Ancester. Annie Sarah Porter was born abt 1863 in Ireland. All i knew that she was born Ireland and was rumoured to be born Cork. But then a stroke of discovery i had info from the English 1911 census that stated she was born Tillgrap Donegal. From a previous thread a nice person found that there was a township of Tullyrap in the parish of Taughboyne Barony of Raphoe. Co Donegal. Im now looking if there are websites i can try and find a baptism for her.
All i know her father was Robert Porter from her marraige record and Annie had a sister called Esther that i found she was living with on the 1881 census who was born abt 1854. That is all i can find abt the Porters so i would really appreaciate any help.
Sonya

Sonya

Sonya Report 24 Mar 2009 21:09

I have searched the Ancestry webite as well as the Igi.

Sonya

Sonya Report 24 Mar 2009 21:26

Thanks Joan.
I saw that one on the igi but the only thing that put me off is that its 5 years out which is quite alot. All the way thorough census her year of birth never varied that much, even on the death register.
Thanks for the information, i think the areas arent that far away from each other are they?