Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANCESTRY LMA RECORDS RELEASED THIS WEEK!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 24 Mar 2009 22:03

"We will be releasing the LMA in batches. The first batch will be released the 26th of this month. This will include Births and Baptisms, 52,211 records, Deaths and Burials, 146,400 records along with Workhouses."

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 24 Mar 2009 22:13

Just read this on FTF Heather.......brilliant news isn`t it.

nicky

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 24 Mar 2009 22:40

I was going to allow my Ancestry subscription to lapse but this could be really significant for me. Anybody got a tip for renewing at discount rate?

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 24 Mar 2009 23:20

Try ringing them Paul..... i did and renewed for £75.00 last August, renewal was about £90-95 at the time....what price have you been offered for renewal?...I think some people renewed through GRAustralia and got it quite a lot cheaper.

Be warned i let my membership lapse, and was really lost without it...........

Nicky

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Mar 2009 23:32

oooh! that's great, I had no idea but it may help me enormously (fingers crossed lol)

xx

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 24 Mar 2009 23:44

You will need either Premium or Worldwide membership to view the LMA

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam Report 25 Mar 2009 03:45

Paul

The U.K. Heritage subscription at Ancestry.com.au is AUS$179.40 which is about £85.50 compared to £107.40 for the Premium sub on the U.K.site. This is the sub that I have which I got several weeks ago when they were offering half price subs.

Probably a good idea to phone the U.K.site to see if they will give you a reduced rate.

Moonbeam.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Mar 2009 10:19

If you sub through quidco.com you get 25% of it as cash back.

Yes Siobhan :)

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam Report 25 Mar 2009 12:29

Ancestry Phone# - 1-800-262-3787 (That's from Canada. I don't know if you use the "1" from the U.K.)

OR

0-800-404-9723

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam Report 25 Mar 2009 14:55

I thought I would be able to view the LMA Records with the U.K.Heritage sub from the Aussie site. Not so. I'll need either the U.K.Heritage Plus or the World Sub.

Alan

Alan Report 25 Mar 2009 15:40

Some of the LMA records were released 5/2/2009. I phoned Ancestry and they said I would need a Premium subscription to view them.
As my renewal was due I up graded and asked for a discount and got it for £92.45.

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 25 Mar 2009 16:20

I just took your advice and phoned Ancestry (0800 404 9723) and was told that no discounts are available. To view LMA records I'll have to pay £107.40 or purchase pay-per-viiew credits.

So what's your secret? Should I start crying on the phone?

Heather

Heather Report 25 Mar 2009 16:21

Paul, USE quidco.com and get 25% off!! For gawds sake, you used to listen to me once.

Ancestry.co.uk

Click on the button below to carry on and visit Ancestry.co.uk.

Discover your family story. The largest collection of UK family history records online Most complete UK Census collection available online (1841-1901) The Scottish 1841 Census FREE Birth, Marriage & Death indexes from 1837 to the present day Over 500+ million records currently online Parish and probate records dating back to the 1500s

For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online, you can earn:
25% for an online purchase (inc subscriptions)
25% for family tree maker deluxe or platinum

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 25 Mar 2009 16:24

Oooooh Heather! I love it when you're strict with me!