Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ADVICE PLEASE!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 25 Mar 2009 17:25

I've just nudged up an old thread at 16.58pm (linda kendrick), on the TRYING TO FIND BOARD, so you can see what i am talking about....but basically we got in touch 2007 through her thread as it turned out we were searching the same family , it turns out she is my dad's cousin , she was so pleased to find me, and so badly wanted to find out about her background to pass onto her children but she hadnt been very sucessful (she's in her early 60's) , I have found out so much, with the help of all you members, and have sucessfully gone right back to 1830's, but she lost contact for a while through computer problems, but as you will see from her thread, we had contact againvery briefly!!...Every few months i send her a pm through GR informing her of everything i find, i can see they are being opened, but i am not getting any response!!! I dont want to just give up on her as i genuinely believe she was so eager to find out everything...but at the same time i dont want to be a nuisence......( I've even left my personal email in case she was no longer a member)
What should i do members???

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 Mar 2009 17:29

If you go into the sent message section you can see if she's been reading your messages. The purple envelope icon means they haven't been read.

Rose

Linda

Linda Report 25 Mar 2009 17:31

Yes portalnd rose...... thats whats puzzeling me , they are being opened.

Linda

Linda Report 25 Mar 2009 17:36

Annie G... thanks for replying....i did send a message like that, it was opened a few days ago, but still nothing!
I have a bit of an over imagination, and thought that perhaps some thing had happened to her, or she may have passed away and someone else was opening her messages .

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Mar 2009 19:52

Hi Linda

Surprisingly there are people with other things going on in their lives (not me - I only have Family History!). There are people who only look at emails infrequently and if they are a bit old (the emails I mean!), don't reply. There are people, even younger than age 60, who just aren't into emails in a big way, would rather phone or - yes - write letters.

Do you know much about this lady? Perhaps she has a physical disability that prevents her from replying easily, or is suffering from depression.

She is opening your emails, so obviously is happy to receive them.

There must be some reason for the non-response, but I would keep up the contact a while longer. Or maybe see if she takes action if you don't email her for a while.

Margaret