Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shared Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue C

Sue C Report 25 Mar 2009 21:34

There used to be a "Shared Trees" facility on here where you could find out whose trees you could access, and the same people had access to yours. Is it still here? If so, I can't find it.

Am I missing something?

Sue

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 25 Mar 2009 21:54

When you are on your tree page, up in the top right (above the title of the tree) is a search box with View other trees: Please Select. That has a drop-down menu with all the trees you have access to.

Ozi.

Sue C

Sue C Report 25 Mar 2009 22:00

Oh thank you Ozi....found it!

Sue

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 Mar 2009 23:28

The drop down box on your tree page only shows trees that you can view.It does not show who can see yours.
Messages.top bar.
My contacts.on the left.
This also contains all emails between you and the contact even if you have deleted them from your inbox/sent messages.

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 Mar 2009 12:17

Thank you for that Jim.

Sue

Deborah

Deborah Report 4 Jul 2009 17:46

I've spent the last 10 mintes looking for my shared trees - very frustrating not to access it immediately. Poor design. Will follow previous reply advice re new positioning but it ought to be made more obvious.
Deb