Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm new and need some help with adding to the tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 25 Mar 2009 21:40

Hi, I've recently joined and I'm not sure how to add partners that are not married. The tree seems to assume that they are. For example, my brother is not married to his girlfriend but i want to include their children. I want their mother to be part of the tree.

I'd appreciate some help?
Thanks kelly

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 25 Mar 2009 22:10

Hello Kelly & welcome

It doesn't matter if your brother is married or not, his partner is still added in the same way. The only minor difference is that there will be no marriage date.

Personally I would not add living people to a tree on the internet & would never recommend that you include children's names. If you still decide to add these people then you need their permission.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 25 Mar 2009 22:52

It would be very unwise to put the children on your GR tree.........

Get an offline programme, and put them on there............

Heather

Heather Report 25 Mar 2009 23:26

Kelly, read the Tips for Newbies thread, Ill bump it up for you.