Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANCESTRY LMA - those with old UK membership subs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 26 Mar 2009 18:46

Ive just rung ancestry and after a long time have been asked by the supervisor to apologise to all members with the old UK membership before the restructured subs who have been told they have to upgrade to see the new records.

This is incorrect, it was an oversight by the site developers who were unaware that those of us with subs still running when the new structure came in had been told we would have the same premium membership records until our renewal dates.

All those with the old UK sub still running will be able to see the LMA records tomorrow.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 26 Mar 2009 21:08

Hi Heather, I'm on the old subs and I've just been looking for my lot on there with no problem. Perhaps they've already sorted the problem. I'm a bit disappointed though as I couldn't find a workhouse death from 1900. Guess St Leonards Shoreditch doesn't come under London. :-(

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Mar 2009 21:20

I don't think the records are complete because I couldn't find my grandfather's birth which was in the workhouse at Southwark in 1870. I know the records are at the LMA because a kind GR member got me copies from there a few years ago.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Mar 2009 21:38

L.M.A. = London Metropolitan Archives.

Kath. x

Heather

Heather Report 26 Mar 2009 22:21

They said they were working on it frantically :) so hopefully it will be sorted. They are only releasing in batches arent they. Not much of any use to me at the moment, bit too late for my missing ones.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Mar 2009 22:22

What is misleading is that it was on the TV this evening with Tony Robinson saying he had found his grtx something grandad who was in the workhouse as one of the staff(cant remember what he called his title something to do with Lunatics) any way they had someone there from Ancestry and it was stated that the subs were around £80 plus pounds but what good value it was, Well I was upgraded/downgraded!!! when I renewed in Oct last and paid £84 plus from the last sub of £79.95 and I lost access to things like Pallots and you cant see these new records on that subs . SO VERY misleading implying you could now see the records for around the £80plus sub

Shirley

Heather

Heather Report 26 Mar 2009 22:42

Well, I was lucky that I got in about a week before they restructured the UK subs and they promised anyone with the old UK sub would continue to get the "premium" records until renewal when they would have to upgrade. So Ive got up to September. Im disappointed with the LMA stuff so far.