Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you really need 2 x CD drives to install FTM 20

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 27 Mar 2009 18:05

Hi everyone, thinking of upgrading from my very old Generations software to FTM. However I run a laptop (albeit a nice powerful one) which only has one CD-ROM drive. The techie specs on FTM 2008 and 2009 both state that 2 CD-ROM drives are needed for installation. Can this be correct? Has anyone installed on a machine with only one CD-ROM drive? May have to stick with what I've got... Thank you, Helen
PS off to bath baby now then feed him and put him to bed, so won't be on the boards for a little while.

Elaine

Elaine Report 27 Mar 2009 18:14

Both FTM 2008 and 2009 only require one CD drive for installation.

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 27 Mar 2009 18:35

thank ou all for your speedy responses, I wonder why it is part of the system reqs then? very confusing, but reassuring to know it will work, thanks again, Helen

GaryOnTheAlgarve

GaryOnTheAlgarve Report 27 Mar 2009 20:23

Hi helen
2 x CDrom relates to the speed of the CDrom its 2 times speed, its mim spec, most modern pc use 16 32 or 48 x CDroms only very very old pc would have a 1x CDrom so you should have no probs.

Gary