Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help for a beginner Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 27 Mar 2009 20:27

Hi
Please can you help with pointing me in the next direction. I am currently trying to track down a lost relative. I have been lucky so far and have found his birth details and had a copy of his birth certificate sent from GRO. This is where I am stuck, He is believed to moved from the area where he was born Lancashire, to Wales. He was born in 1943, how or who do I need to contact to see if I can find him today. Have nothing else to go on as most of the other family members have passed away. I am new to family research so may be missing the obvious.
Regards
Mandy

Smiley

Smiley Report 27 Mar 2009 20:50

Check this site first using the search facility above
Hopefully it's not a common name, you could ask Jean for an electoral roll look up over on the Records Office board.
Failing that, you could check for a marriage and then children, they maybe on Facebook or Friends Reunited.
Sam