Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Doris Davies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 28 Mar 2009 15:26

Hi All

Can anyone help i am stuck with Doris Davies OH g/mother, i have birth certs for 2 of her sons, 1 a Davis and 1 a Field but she was Davis on both of them so unmarried.
How do i find a birth date for Doris, her 1st son was born 1931 in Stoke -on-trent Doris was a domestic servant, 2nd 1937 in London Doris is still in service i have searched for Doris Davies but as i have no idea where she was born i come up with 100's and have no idea how to narrow it down.

Thank you
Julie

Julie

Julie Report 28 Mar 2009 15:33

Do you know if she married Mr Field

Or the other thing you can do is find her death as it will have her birth date on it, but saying that the info is only as good as what the informant knew though

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 28 Mar 2009 15:34

Do you know if she had any siblings?

Jill

Julie

Julie Report 28 Mar 2009 15:36

As far as i can find she Didnt marry Percy James Field but they did go on thave more children, and i have no idea if she had siblings, i know very little about her at all there is no one left to ask my OH older sis cant really remember her

Julie