Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

find my past different to ancestry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 28 Mar 2009 17:18

Hi

I have been looking for Rosa Catherine Hastelow b 1846 in bedworth warwickshire. There is no sign of her on teh 1861 census on ancestry. BUT

I looked on the LDS new search site and there she is! there is a link to the find my past site but I have ancestry. Woud anyone be able to look her up for me please?
And can anyone explain why?

Thanks
Nicola

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 28 Mar 2009 17:26

Possible

1861 England Census
about Rosa Harbelow
Name: Rosa Harbelow
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1846
Relation: Niece
Where born: Bedworth, Warwickshire, England

Civil Parish: Bedworth
County/Island: Warwickshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

View Image

Registration district: Foleshill
Sub registration district: Foleshill
ED, institution, or vessel: 19
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 252
Household Members:
Name Age
James Pickering 44
Ann Pickering 35
Miriam Pickering 12
Rebecca Pickering 10
William Pickering 7
Joseph Pickering 6
George H Pickering 4
Arthur Pickering 2
Samuel Pickering 11 Mo
Rosa Harbelow 15

PME

PME Report 28 Mar 2009 17:26

I think its down to who they have doing/checking the transcriptions, I know I had people that Genes could not find but came up on ancestry as it also looked for variations, also on ancestry members can submit corrections so anyone trying to find some of my ancestors after me should have an eaiser time as I have submitted corrections and the right spellings now in brackets underneath the incorrectly spelt name.

It is though frustraighting when you can find a family member on onesite but not on the other.

I'm not sure if anyone will do alook up for you, but you can use find my past on a pay as you go basis which since you already have ancestry membership maybe the way to go.

Jean

Jean Report 28 Mar 2009 17:31

Yes she is on FMP as Rosa Hastelow living with the Pickering family occ silk picker. On Ancestry as Harbelow obviously mistranscribed

Nicola

Nicola Report 28 Mar 2009 17:33

Thanks All

Perfect!

Nicola