Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Meduck

Meduck Report 29 Mar 2009 12:35

Hi everyone. Have only used GRO once before but have tried to order certificate online today and the site keeps telling me I'm entering an invalid bank card number. I've tried two different cards and its telling me the same for both cards. Has anyone else had any problems please

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Mar 2009 13:53

I ordered 6 certs on Friday and my credit card went through OK.
I do remember reading somewhere that some debit cards for particular banks need another pin number which is set up with the bank for transactions. Cant quite remember the actual wording and what is needed though. Did it just reject your cards without asking for further security info for them.
Shirley

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Mar 2009 14:59

Did you click on the type of card? You have to tell the system which type of card you are using, there is a difference between say a VISA credit card and a VISA Debit card. The system can tell from the first 4 numbers of your card the type it is.

Andy