Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911Census searching

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 1 Apr 2009 12:51

Hi has anyone not been able to find a whole family on the new 1911 census listings? Am 99.9% sure they were somewhere in Yorkshire. Have tried using wildcard and name variants but nowt!Am a newbie so would appreciate any guidance please?
Thanks

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 1 Apr 2009 15:47

Sorry so long getting back - had a family crisis - again!
Details are:
Constance Archer b c 1905 born? she married in Leeds 1927
(This is the one I'm really desperate for, she's my paternal gran and my dad's still alive but hasn't seen her since he was 3 yrs old and knows nothing about her. Wanted to try and find something for him before it's too late.)

Annie Archer bc1865 born Manchester, Lancs
Samuel Archer bc1865 (he and Annie were separated on 1901 Census) born Leeds, W. Yorkshire
Norman Archer bc 1898 - blind from childhood - born Hull, Yorkshire
Annie Archer bc 1900 - born Leeds, W. Yorks
Sam Archer bc 1895 - born Leeds. W. Yorkshire

Any help would be really, really appreciated.
Thanks you
Jackie

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 1 Apr 2009 16:20

Hi Jonesey
I have the marriage cert and Samuel was listed as her father. I have found him on 1901 census living alone in Leeds - he states married. Have also found Annie his wife and she has the children but states seperated/married. I know Samuel died in 1 Apr 1935 and Annie remarried in 1935 after Samuel died. The thing I thought was a little odd was that none of her family were witnesses on her marriage cert, so was wondering whether Samuel was actually her father, I can't find a birth for her either. The one Constance Archer I found in Leeds is a different mother - I just don't know where to go from here, was totally relying on the 1911 census.

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 1 Apr 2009 16:42

Hi Jonesey
Thank you for info. Is there any other way of finding what info is contained apart from ordering death cert? I know this sounds thick but how would I know if she was the "right" Constance from the death cert? It would be really biazarre if it's her - same d.o.b. as me!!!
Jackie

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 1 Apr 2009 16:55

Hi again
Yes, my dad was born in Bingley which is Keighley registration district and so was his brother. Constance lived in the area when she married Fred but went to London, don't know how long for or whether she came back. Last sighting of her in Bingley was c1934 I understand.
Thanks