Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry gone back on their word?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 2 Apr 2009 10:14

Despite several of us getting definite confirmation that any members with the old UK membership would get the LMA records - it seems most people have had them withdrawn.

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 2 Apr 2009 10:58

i'm not positive, but their membership packages have changes and i'm not sure the LMA are free on the first package - that was one of the reasons I got the middle package - grudgingly as well!!!

µèÎÐΙ

µèÎÐΙ Report 2 Apr 2009 11:06

I've found that things have changed over there too.

I used to be able to get Pallot's baptism's, marriages etc, but am now unable to. It's rather frustrating actually. I really can't afford to go up to the next package, and as much as I'd LOVE to be able to pay outright for the whole year, therefore making it cheaper, I just don't have the money up front for it. It sucks.

:o(

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 2 Apr 2009 11:25

Yes Heather, just checked mine, and my access has been withdrawn!!! it was there last weekend, not that i could find any of mine in this first batch anyway, but WAS looking forward to the next release...........what are they playing at, I thought I had the "old" subscription, so would get access?

Nicky

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 2 Apr 2009 13:32

I think they are being greedy myself, I had to pay on the ever never but I've got interest free at the moment otherwise I'm not sure I would have done it!!

Heather

Heather Report 2 Apr 2009 13:34

I sat on the phone to them last week, relaying the conversation to people on FTF. They absolutely assured us that all those old members who had the UK sub before they restructured the subs last August would continue to receive what is now "premium" content until renewal. They actually asked me to apologise for the glitch to FTF members and GR members, saying it was the fault of the web designers and would be sorted by the next day.

The next day I think everyone with the old sub had access then it has been withdrawn from them.

I think its quite disgusting. Most of us old hands have been members for 5 years or more.

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 2 Apr 2009 13:58

Don,t let the greedy old sods get you down, I know must of you would rather find the info yourself.
But if you need help, Just ask i am sure someone will do the look up for you.
Or i will be happy to do it for you.

richard.

Heather

Heather Report 2 Apr 2009 14:24

Yep, but the agreement we had when they decided to do all these bands for subs was that if you had a UK sub at that time it would continue to be equivalent to the Premium one until renewal.