Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

canada/usa records help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 3 Apr 2009 13:00

i am trying to find out about my cousins grandmother who emmigrated to where we thought was america but might have been canada or a short time and the lady who has been helping me has drawn a bit of a blank. this is what she has found

There is a Winifred Blood arriving in at St John, New Brunswick, from England. I cannot view more details

the person i am looking for is winifred mary blood born 1891 boothstown lancashire england uk

her father george thomas blood went to usa and landed in canada in 1913 and only left for the usa in 1919 and winifred followed soon after but could not settle and came back to england to marry her the man she left behind. she married in 1915 in leigh lancashire her sisters and brothers went out in dec 1914 and she was still in leigh lancashire england then. . here are the details of her fathers arrival in usa/canada and her siblings. anyone with access to canadian records would be a great help if they could check the winfired blood entering st john brunswick from england - no date sorry
thanks for any help
linda

George Thomas Blood emigrated to USA after the death of his wife Frances in 1913

Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
Name: George Thomas Blood
Arrival Date: 16 May 1913
Birth Date: abt 1871
Birth Country: England
Race/Nationality: English
Ship Name: Carthaginian
Port of Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Widowed?
Coal Miner
Last permanent residence: Leigh, England
Name/address of nearest relative...whence alien came: Daughter W. Blood, 6 Boardman? St. Leigh
Final Destination: Eastlegate? Castlegate? Utah
Joining: Friend Jas? Parr?
Height: 5 6-1/2 Fair Complexion, Brown? Hair, Grey Eyes

On the 29th December Arriving at Ellis Island USA
John Blood aged 17 years occupation is Miner
Lizzie Blood aged 20 years occupation is Cotton Operative
George Blood aged 15 years occupation is Baker
Teresa Blood aged 11 years occupation is Scholar

They give their next of kin as Winifred Blood - sister - of 6 Boardman Street Leigh Lancashire
Their passage was paid for by their father George Thomas Blood who was already living at 834 Eastern Avenue Falls River Massachusetts
They all had $50 each which was the the amount of money ideally recommended for an immigrant
Descriptions of them all is that they had fair complexions brown hair and grey eyes.
Lizzie was 5 foot 2 inches and John was 5 foot 4 inches - no heights for the others

Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
Name: Geo Thomas Blood
Arrival Date: 22 Jun 1919
Birth Date: abt 1869
Birth Country: England
Race/Nationality: English
Ship Name: Canada
Port of Arrival: Quebec, Canada
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Last permanent address: Manchester, England - Broken Head is written above Manchester
Name/address when alien came: Daughter Mrs. Costello, Winifred?, Hetley? Manchester
Final Destination: Utah, Castlegate
In USA before: 1913, 1916, Utah, Castlegate
Place of birth: England, Manchester

Thelma

Thelma Report 3 Apr 2009 13:25

You must use approx date of birth when you do a free search on Ancestry.
Otherwise you bring up pointless results.

Winifred Blood abt 1904 England 4 Mar 1921 Empress of Britain St John, New Brunswick Liverpool, England

Carter

Carter Report 3 Apr 2009 14:36

thanks jim for that. just seing the date of birth and its not my winifred blood. she was born 1891 and was back in england for her marriage in 1915 so looking for arrival in canada or usa c1913/1914

thanks linda