Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Violent Death in South Africa - Where do I start?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 3 Apr 2009 19:52

Hi,

My great x2 Grandmother, Elizabeth Annie Glastonbury, was reportedly (due to family legend) shot/murdered in Benoni near Johannesburg in 1899. I've received the Death Notice but it seems a bit sparse in comparison to the Death Notice I have for her husband Charles in 1910.

I was wondering if there is any way I can find out more about the circumstances of her death e.g. perhaps from Newspapers at the time.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction at all please? I'd be most grateful for any help. I find research in South Africa particularly troubling.

Thanks
Amy