Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LIVING RELLIES ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 5 Apr 2009 22:31

I havent been doing this long but seem to be getting on not too bad but need a bit of advice . Where is the best place to start with trying to find living relatives , i know dates of birth and possible area they are living , dates of birth are in the 1920,s so what i really need to do is find their decendants where is best to begin ? thanms for any help and advice
ET

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 5 Apr 2009 23:00

This is where GR really comes into its own. Once you start building your online tree, other members with the same individuals in their trees will be able to make connections.

To increase your chances, don't just put up your direct ancestry but also add their siblings and their descendants too if you wish. Just by doing that, I have had incredible success in contacting and being contacted by distant cousins, close cousins and even half-siblings!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Apr 2009 23:43

Eileen

Put their names in the search box above then fill in the advance search with dob etc you may even find that they have a tree on here

Good Luck

Jackie