Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Copying trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy

Joy Report 10 Apr 2009 07:03

Hello helpers,
Is there an easy way to copy your new found relatives information from their tree to yours apart from going in and out of each others tree which is time consuming and you forget what you just read.?
I have a feeling there is but don't know how. Many thanks,
Joy

Penny

Penny Report 10 Apr 2009 07:21

You shouldnt really just copy at all. Go thru it person by person, and make sure the info is correct before you add it.

Joy

Joy Report 10 Apr 2009 07:52

Thanks Minnie, sorry, I guess copying was the wrong word. I do check it all and I guess that is what researching means. Thanks

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 10 Apr 2009 09:07

You can also have 2 trees open at once on GR see thread 970975

Joy

Joy Report 10 Apr 2009 09:52

Thanks very much Claire in wales and I know this sounds dumb but how do I find thread 970975?

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 10 Apr 2009 09:57

Joy I've given it a nudge

Joy

Joy Report 10 Apr 2009 10:03

Claire, here we go again, whats a nudge? I am a newie.

Joy

Joy Report 10 Apr 2009 10:07

Me again Claire, have just seen the message on the board from you. Thanks very much for help