Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brazilian Records Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cozynook

cozynook Report 11 Apr 2009 23:32

Is it possible to find information from Brazilian BMD records ,,an ancestor English married out in Rio Janeirs about 1841 ,,his daughter was born there and his wife is down in census as being born there also , they dont appear in any census records until 1861 as a family !! so i think they may have been living in Brazil prior to coming back into the UK .
Any suggestions would be greatly accepted.
Thank you .
Joyce.

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 12 Apr 2009 00:35

There are some records for Brazil on the IGI

www.familysearch.org

Nicky

cozynook

cozynook Report 12 Apr 2009 15:34

Hi Nicky ,

Many thanks for the info regarding Brazilian records - this part of my family had me quite perturbed as there is so little on the census about them ,,although i have been able to connecect directly via a few bits iv'e gleaned i would dearly love more information about a marriage and parents belonging to the three names which i have in this puzzle.

Once again some very helpful people coming up with help ,,,your reply will be followed up for sure .

Thank you .

Joyce.