Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Installing Flash Player on Family Search.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2009 12:12

When trying to search some records on Family Seach I am told I need to install Flash Player - I go through the istallation and then try again and am told I need to install flash player - what am I doing wrong please. Anyone that can help me please. Many thanks Irene

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2009 12:46

I have tried that thank you though for your suggestion. Irene

Sally

Sally Report 23 Apr 2009 12:56

I had to uninstall Flash Player before I could install the update. If you look in the support centre on the Adobe web site you will find a link to download the uninstaller. When you install again, make sure you have closed all unnecessary browser windows.

Sally

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2009 12:57

Thanks Sally will give it another try - so frustrating - thank you Irene

Sally

Sally Report 23 Apr 2009 13:29

Annie,

I have Firefox installed and didn't have to uninstall. Are you trying to install from Firefox - maybe try through Internet Explorer if that is the case? Or do what I did and save the file to your desktop, close all windows and install from your saved file.

Sally

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 23 Apr 2009 13:52

I had problems when trying to access via firefox but works ok in internet explorer