Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

forewall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 30 Apr 2009 16:16

I have been searching records for a birth of Ernest Dudley Forewall born in 1906 with no luck could anyone help me please many thanks

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Apr 2009 16:32

Christine - on a quick inspection of freebmd I see what you mean! Where did you get your name and year of birth? Do you have a location?
Jan

Christine

Christine Report 30 Apr 2009 16:34

Hi Jan I have the name from his marriage certificate he married dorothy henson in 1929 in kent

Christine

Christine Report 30 Apr 2009 16:43

hi island thanks for your help it thats the one but its def spelt forewall on themarriage certificate

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Apr 2009 16:45

Well done Island! How did you do that then?
He is also this name on Freebmd on his marriage to Dorothy by the way, so you have definitely cracked it!
Christine - either the writing on the cert was rubbish or the registrar was having a bad day!!
Aren't the folks on here brilliant?
Jan

Christine

Christine Report 30 Apr 2009 16:51

Thanks everyone Im quite new at this I dont know yet if they had children

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Apr 2009 16:55

They did seem to have:
Patricia Dec 1930 Woolwich ref 1d 1406
Brian Jul 1936 Woolwich. ref 1d 1211
Jan

Christine

Christine Report 30 Apr 2009 16:57

your a star thanks so much I would have been stumped

Christine

Christine Report 30 Apr 2009 17:04

I just received it from the records office and the writing on it is quite plain

Christine

Christine Report 3 May 2009 13:43

Many many thanks to you and Jan for your help because of you I have found a whole lot of rellies xxxxxxxxx