Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

American Birth search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 30 Apr 2009 21:24

Can anyone help? My great Aunt died on on 9 Sept 1913 in Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland aged 11months. Her name was Margaret Sharp Stenhouse Cook. Her mother was Agnes Stenhouse (ms) and father James Hogg Cook. I know James and Agnes emigrated to Illinois from around 1908 but they must have come back to Kirkcaldy as that is where Margaret died. I can't find Margaret's birth in Scotland. Can anyone help me with American births?

Thanks

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 30 Apr 2009 21:37

Denise
Just adding from your other thread that the parents of Margaret are buried in Scotland so members will know they did return.

Denise

Denise Report 30 Apr 2009 21:39

Thanks Quinsgran

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 30 Apr 2009 21:43

Hello Denise,

Maybe someone who has a membership on Ancestry.com could look up the US census for Illinois for each year beginning 1908 for Agnes and James. That shouild give you an idea of how long they lived there. Then check the voyages back to the UK. Just maybe Margaret came back alone.

Good Luck !

Denise

Denise Report 1 May 2009 10:55

Thanks DET, the mystery deepens. But the census details you gave me are great. Would you know if there are any shipping records coming from New York to Glasgow? I might be able to figure it out when they got back in scotland?

Denise

Denise Report 1 May 2009 19:43

THanks very much DET. I really appreciate you looking for me.

Denise