Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 military records-Ancestry & National Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 2 May 2009 17:03

I know that many records were lost during the bombings in WW2. What I would like to know is have Ancestry and the A2A sites finished adding all military records online? I am struggling to find some records and am wondering if it is because they were destroyed and are no longer available, or could it be that they are not online yet. So would a trip to National Archives help or would I be wasting my time.

Thank you,

Lainey x

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 2 May 2009 19:15

All records for surnames A-N have been added. Not all for O-Z surnames are on there yet. Only Army records for other ranks are on Ancestry. If an officer or in another service, not Army, they will not be on there.

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 2 May 2009 22:19

Thank you Annielaurie. Well as my names are between A and N it looks like I am out of luck then. Such a shame though as the records are so informative. I discovered the other day that My Great Uncle that the family always thought to be a bachelor was actually married in 1917 and widowed in 1920, all due to his service records. I am so annoyed with those German Bombers lol!

Lainey x