Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

electoral roll

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

donna

donna Report 5 May 2009 18:55

hi everyone

a while ago i was trying to find were my mother in law lived in the 1950,s .... in bradford
it was sugested i buy the cert to get an address for her,

i went to bradford friday and got her daughters birth cert all it says is the park rooley lane bradford..
so i went to the library and looked in the electoral roll books for that street she wasnt in them. i know she was there in 1948 as well but cannot find her in that one either..

my question is has anyone any ideas wot i do now..
i even had the map photo copied
any ideas would be welcomed

yours Donna

donna

donna Report 5 May 2009 19:53

sorry folks

i should have put the park rooley lane is were they lived she was born at horton home. when i enquired about this they said it was a hospital.

on a 1930,s map it was called bowling park poor law instituion next to bowling cemetery.
on a 1950.s map it s called the park
on both mapsthere,s tracks all way round the buidings and on the 50,s one it has a number of ramps and in the middle of the buildings it says platform,, the lady at the libary says a looks like a small station

i,m at a loss becouse i thort it would show loads of houses but they just look like buildings

many thanks Donna