Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Copy' entry on my genes family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Josephine

Josephine Report 8 May 2009 11:41

I have added my GrGr Grandmothers 2nd marriage and the children from this marriage but this has appeared on my tree separately alongside her original entry and marked 'copy'.

I have entered other 2nd marriages and their issue and not have had this problem.

I have tried to delete this but cannot - how can I solve this.

Thanks for any help

Thelma

Thelma Report 8 May 2009 12:16

Depends,did you enter it manually or download a gedcom?
Ask Genes they may sort it for you.

Josephine

Josephine Report 8 May 2009 12:21

I added the additions manually

Bursaned

Bursaned Report 14 May 2009 19:46

Just saw this posting and I also had this problem, and when I asked GR, they forwarded this reply.

Dear Diane

Thank you for your email. When a person has more than one marriage the tree will view correctly in immediate family view, but in full tree view you will see the person duplicated (copy) and linked separately to each partner. Unfortunately this is the way the full tree view is displayed and it cannot be changed.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Hope this helps,
Diane

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 May 2009 07:41

Immediate Family View is better in my opinion. I never use the Full Tree View.

Josephine

Josephine Report 16 May 2009 01:00

I had the same resposne also- but I would like them to be in full family tree to print out.