Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Access

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 10 May 2009 16:10

I have no problem in getting into my tree, it is after this that I am having problems.

After accessing my tree, I then want to add to my tree and this is where I am having trouble. I can get as far as add spouse or sibling but when I click on the box to do this nothing happens except at the bottom of the page I get "error on page". I have emailed the support team regarding this problem to no avail. Is anyone else having this problem or am I the lone ranger.

I have been a member of Gene Reunited for many years and never had problems before - this is very frustrating.

Irene

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 14 May 2009 03:11

Nudge please for the night shift.

Thank you.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 May 2009 08:53

Irene,

It is possible that you PC has insufficient space to load your tree properly. This is the space that your browser allocates for intent temp files and if you have a slightly older PC or browser, then it might be insufficient.

Try clearing your temp files and trying again. If you are still having problems, check the space your browser allocates to the temp file cache and increase it.

This has worked for several other members having similar problems.