Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Having trouble with the display of my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angel

Angel Report 14 May 2009 21:19

Does anyone else have this kind of trouble?

When I display my full tree there are two horizontal lines to link my aunt to her husband but her husband isn't displayed.

When I look at their children there is a vertical line going through one of my cousins to another aunt. I can see the white line is in front of the display box but it makes it very difficult to see who is connected properly. I know the relationships but others who are allowed access to my tree must find it a nightmare to understand. I presume it is something to do with how wide the field is that you are allowed but, if this is the case, they should tell you.

Others must have come across this problem so is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tootsie

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 May 2009 23:17

I have never been aware of this in my tree but checking it tonight mine is the same.

the explanation from GR;

Thank you for your email. When a person has more than one marriage the tree will view correctly in immediate family view, but in full tree view you will see the person duplicated (copy) and linked separately to each partner. Unfortunately this is the way the full tree view is displayed and it cannot be changed.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am certain that this is a new feature
Another nail in GR's coffin.

Angel

Angel Report 15 May 2009 01:11

The person in my tree I am referring to has only one partner so the explanation doesn't fit my situation.

I'll E mail them tomorrow and see if I can find out what the problem is as I'm off to bed now.

Thanks for your reply.

Tootsie

Angel

Angel Report 15 May 2009 09:40

I have no idea what is going on. This morning I have looked at my full tree and it is fine. I did close GR and re-open it yesterday but the problem was still there so not sure how it is fine today.

One of life's mysteries I guess.