Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Magnus

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 23 May 2009 11:04

I have a John Magnus Price born Chester 1811. Any clues to the name Magnus, seems quite rare in that area. I think it must be a surname. Can not find a Price - Magnus marriage.
James

Julie

Julie Report 23 May 2009 11:28

have you checked to see what Google brings up

Heather

Heather Report 23 May 2009 19:52

Oh dear, defo a submitted one! The Mrs Mary Price is the giveaway :)

Heather

Heather Report 23 May 2009 19:53

When did he marry? If after 1837 buy the marriage cert for his father.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 May 2009 04:07

But this is the extracted record from www.familysearch!!

JOHN MAGNUS PRICE Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth: 27 MAY 1810

Christening: 15 JAN 1811 Holy Trinity, Chester, Cheshire, England

Parents:
Father: JOSEPH PRICE Family
Mother: MARY

-------
Extracted birth or christening record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

--------
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
P009671 1598 - 1837 0924608 IT 1 Film 6906733 Film

James ........ google the name ..... there is a large entry in Wikipedia on the origin of the name

and wasn't there a famous UK TV presenter from the 60s through until he died in 2007 called Magnus Magnusson ....................... of Icelandic descent I believe

It is in fact a relatively common name in various parts fo the world, and could possibly be traced back to the Vikings!

sylvia