Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please can anyone Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carla

Carla Report 26 May 2009 01:51

does anyone know if the death of a divorced female would be registered under her maiden name or her disolved married name

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 May 2009 05:17

Most likely her married name. Unless, she took the time and effort to revert back to her maiden name.

Are you sure she didn't remarry?

Rose

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 26 May 2009 10:35

Have you tried looking for all Surnames that the female used. One of my relatives discovered thru me that her Mother's death had been registered in her maiden name, her 1st husbands surname and her last surname. She went to the Registrar to get this changed but they would not do it, apparently deaths can often be registered in all surnames used. Its worth looking into.

Good luck, Lainey x

Carla

Carla Report 26 May 2009 11:45

Thank you very much for help she didn't remarry but she was living with someone when she died. i will just search all names as suggested
Thanks again Carla